Have you ever wondered how fast you could run a mile on the road? Find out at the Mile of Truth, debuting at this year’s Devil Mountain Run. The iconic mile is unique in its ability to stoke the fire of even the most competitive runners. It’s 5,280 feet of pure, unadulterated effort.
The USATF Certified Mile of Truth starts at 9:00 a.m. and will run in five separate heats
- Men and Women’s Open: Ages 39 and under
- Men and Women’s Masters: Ages 40 – 54
- Men and Women’s Super Masters: Ages 55+
- Elite Men and Women:* $1500 prize purse
Prize purse breakdown:
Overall male finisher: $500; 2nd place male finisher $175; 3rd place male finisher $75
Overall female finisher $500; 2nd place female finisher $175; 3rd place female finisher $75
- Buddi Love Mile of Truth: For competitive runners and their speedster canine companions. All dogs must run on leash and be under the full control of their owner. Only well socialized and leash friendly dogs allowed. Please carry a bag to pick up after your dog. People wishing to walk with their dog should register for the 5K.
Prefer to register the old fashioned way? Download a form to mail in here.
Start/Finish line will be on Railroad Avenue directly in front of Danville Brewery. Runners will head south on Railroad and will turn left on School Street. They will then turn left again on Hartz Ave. and will be running north but in the southbound side of the street. Runners will then make a left turn on Prospect and will turn left again back onto Railroad Ave. They will make two (2) laps in order to complete one-mile.